Mr. Duct Cleaner knows that over 60% of our HVAC and duct cleaning jobs are requested because of possible mold growth. When it’s hot, and your HVAC system is pulling moisture from the air, that heat and moisture combine to create a perfect atmosphere for mold growth.
Mold is a common problem in many homes and buildings, especially in humid or damp environments. Mold can grow on almost any surface, such as wood, paper, carpet, food, AND inside your ducts and HVAC system. But what does mold do to your air quality and health?
Mold can release tiny spores and fragments into the air that can be inhaled or land on other surfaces. These spores and fragments can contain allergens, irritants, or toxins that can cause various health effects, such as:
– Allergic reactions, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, or skin rash
– Asthma attacks, wheezing, or difficulty breathing
– Infections, such as sinusitis, bronchitis, or pneumonia
– Irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, or lungs
– Headaches, fatigue, or dizziness
Some people are more sensitive to mold than others, such as:
– People with allergies or asthma
– People with weakened immune systems
– Children and elderly people
To protect your air quality and health from mold, you should:
– Clean your ducts and HVAC system on a regular basis
– Have Mr. Duct Cleaner Install an Aerus Air Scrubber
– Control moisture levels in your home or building by using dehumidifiers, fans, or air conditioners
– Fix any leaks or water damage as soon as possible
– Clean and dry any moldy surfaces with soap and water or bleach
– Discard any moldy items that cannot be cleaned
– Ventilate your home or building by opening windows or doors when possible
Contact Mr. Duct Cleaner for your FREE duct cleaning estimate and get that mold growth cleaned!